Senior Technical Writer
About the Job
The Technical Writer will be responsible for leading the creation and maintenance of the product’s documentation. It includes several guides and training materials for internal usage, final users, and third-party application developers.
What you do
- Obtaining a deep understanding of the product and services to develop comprehensive documentation (guides, training materials, presentations, etc.).
- Translating complex information into simple and engaging content that supports Sales and Customer Service functions.
- Writing, formatting, editing, reviewing, and maintaining procedural and technical information for internal and external users.
- Creating appropriate diagrams/illustrations to improve readability/clarity in order to achieve the balance of words and visualization to best convey the message.
- Ensuring all documentation, in several languages, is up-to-date and available to customers when a new release or project is shipped.
- Leading discussions and processes to develop documentation guidelines and make documentation-related technology decisions and recommendations.
- Absorbing knowledge from seasoned developers, and ensure the most important information is readily available to newcomers in a comprehensive and concise format
- Working closely with engineering, product, sales, and support team, educate colleagues, and develop tech writing as a core technical practice across our organization
- Communicate widely and frequently to a remote audience of staff via e-mail, Slack, video conference, in-person meetings, and wikis/gist/git
- Jira, Confluence
- Google tools, Microsoft Office, Intercom
What we are looking for
- 5 years of combined professional+volunteer technical writing experience
- 3 years of experience writing on data and/or analytics software.
- 2 years of experience contributing to and participating in free software/open-source projects
- Proven effectiveness in collaborating with engineers, demonstrating the ability to understand and explain complicated technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to create clear and compelling visual diagrams
- Creative and highly motivated to serve the customer
- Experience working with and writing for diverse, international companies
- Comfortable in a highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment
- Strong research skills (as there will not be developer support for some of the issues that need to be documented)
- Experience or understanding of data science projects.
- Experience with remote working.
- The ability to speak multiple languages is a major plus.
- The ideal candidate will be creative, highly motivated, and able to operate effectively in multiple cultural contexts.
- MacBook PRO 16"
- Ticket Restaurant
- Smart Working
- Full remote possible
- Dedicated offices in a pleasant and social active coworking