Senior Backend Engineer (Scala)
About the Job
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for backend application engineering encompassing microservices interacting with different aspects of products, from front-end to system operations and deployment, by ensuring great code quality and alignment with the overall architecture of the product.
What you do
Your daily job will be split between shipping features, reviewing other developers' code, mentoring, and training less experienced developers.
You will interact daily with the management team by being a force of proposition in the design and architecture before leading the implementation of ideas into the wider strategic roadmap.
- Scala services
- Play Framework
- ZIO (core, JSON, metrics, streams, config, nio)
- ReactJS on Front End, Data Viz
- Redis (Stream, Pub-Sub, K/V), MariaDB, OrientDB
- Traefik, Consul, Virtualbox, Docker, Azure Cloud, K3S, etc.
What we are looking for
- 3+ years of Scala experience building applications for production
- 5+ years of development experience in quality backend
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience with microservices, message brokers
- Good knowledge and practical experience in Docker and CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins preferred)
- Good knowledge of architecture and design principles for distributed systems
- Proactive mindset and fast learning attitude
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal English
- Experience with Java 11 or newer
- Experience with implementing data pipelines and data quality
- Knowledge of Graph processing concepts and algorithm
- Experience or understanding of data science projects
- MacBook PRO 16"
- Ticket Restaurant
- Smart Working
- Full remote possible (in Italy)
- Dedicated offices in a pleasant and social active coworking