Work with us at Kensu.
We’re a confident, enthusiastic, and young scale-up.
Sustainable, ethical data usage is our mantra. We believe accuracy and velocity go hand in hand.
Kensu is a Data Intelligence Management Solution that provides a real-time, contextual, as-is view of your business data processes. Ranging from the origin, movement, and transformation of the data to fully understanding its quality - We exist to disrupt the data quality market.
We’re forever curious and love to discover.
We’re ready to gear up for the future.
Who you are
You are creative, highly motivated, and able to operate effectively in multiple cultural contexts
You are passionate about data management
You are excited to work in a growing team of a fast-moving company.
What will you do
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for backend application engineering encompassing microservices interacting with different aspects of products, from front-end to system operations and deployment, by ensuring great code quality and alignment with the overall architecture of the product.
Your daily job will be split between shipping features, reviewing other developers' code, mentoring, and training less experienced developers.
You will interact daily with the management team by being a force of proposition in the design and architecture before leading the implementation of ideas into the wider strategic roadmap.
- Scala services
- Play Framework
- ZIO (core, JSON, metrics, streams, config, nio)
- ReactJS on Front End, Data Viz
- Redis (Stream, Pub-Sub, K/V), MariaDB, OrientDB
- Traefik, Consul, Virtualbox, Docker, Azure Cloud, K3S, etc.
- 3+ years of Scala experience building applications for production
- 5+ years of development experience in quality backend
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience with microservices, message brokers
- Good knowledge and practical experience in Docker and CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins preferred)
- Good knowledge of architecture and design principles for distributed systems
- Proactive mindset and fast learning attitude
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal English
- Experience with Java 11 or newer
- Experience with implementing data pipelines and data quality
- Knowledge of Graph processing concepts and algorithm
- Experience or understanding of data science projects
- MacBook PRO 16"
- Ticket Restaurant
- Smart Working
- Full remote possible (in Italy)
- Dedicated offices in a pleasant and social active coworking